* UltraVNC - Dernières modifications
** v1.0.2 Finale
- Fenêtre de transfert de fichiers redimensionable
- Amélioration de la prise en charge du curseur dans le client classique
et dans le client Java
- Amélioration l'option de reconnexion automatique du serveur
- Amélioration de la fenêtre d'alerte sur connexion entrante du serveur
- Améliorations du Login Windows (MSLogon)
- Correction d'une faille de sécurité dans l'authentification par Login Windows (MSLogon)
REMARQUE: il n'y a plus de compatibilité ascendante du MSLogon avec les versions 1.0.1
Toutefois, le nouveau client v1.0.2 peut utiliser l'authentification par Login Windows
avec des serveurs de versions antérieures, mais une recommandation de mise à jour du
serveur est affichée
- Correction d'une faille dans les fonctions de connexion du client et du serveur
- Configuration du serveur: les options d'AlphaBlending, d'Usurpation pour le
Transfert de Fichiers et de Verrouillage de la station de travail sont accessibles
en fonction du système d'exploitation
- Plugin DSM MSRC4 v1.2.0 inclus dans l'installeur (dossier "plugin").
De nombreuses améliorations dans ce nouveau module ("salting" de la clé à chaque
session, connexion possible même sans fichier clé...). Merci Sean !
** v1.0.1 Release
- Slow FileTransfer (viewer -> server) over LAN: fixed
- Slow applications on viewer machine during FileTransfer (viewer -> server): fixed (other applications are now
- JavaViewer applet is now displayed in an independant auto-sizable windows that adapts itself to the remote screen size.
- Viewer fullscreen titlebar is now 700 pixels large (instead of 500)
- Version info in initial dialog box viewer
- Color info "check driver" in case color is not supported
- Removed session switch running as application (disconnect as app RDP)
- TextChat display corruption when lot of text was typed: fixed
- FileTransfer temporization is no more used when main viewer window is
mimimized (=> max. speed transfer)
- Updated zlib library to v1.2.3
- Changed Modem/Slow profile encoding in Auto mode, from ZRLE to Tight: it should fix the occasional viewer crash over slow
connections in auto mode
** v1.0.0 Release
- Cosmetics and language correction for server and viewer
- Driver activation (v100)
- Resources corrections (radio buttuns)
- Manual close viewer demaon
** v1.0.0 - RC20 7
- new: installer with several new options
- fix: vncdrv.dll had some text missing
- fix: missing mouse pointer when viewer in background
- fix: manually select ports in Admin Properties
- fix: black screen problem
- fix: active scroll log error
- fix: disable Admin properties
** v1.0.0 - RC20 5
- protocol error fix for non ultravnc viewers
- XP look
** v1.0.0 - RC20 4
- Internal test version
** v1.0.0 - RC20 (.1, .2, .3)
- FileTransfer bugs seem all fixed this time. All the regressions due to the
new asynchronous transfer mode + delta transfer should be solved.
- New FileTransfer Impersonation mode.
Available only when WinVNC is run as a service.
A user that connects to WinVNC and that is not yet identified by
the server (Windows authentication, so he can see the Windows login screen)
has no access to the server's filesystem through UltraVNC FileTransfer GUI.
He must login into Windows first. Once identified, the user only has access
to the filesystem resources allowed by his Windows profile.
This mode can be desactivated by an admin if necessary:
"FTUserImpersonation=0" in the WinVNC registry branch. In this case, the
whole filesystem can be accessed by users, without restriction, like in
previous UltraVNC FileTransfer versions.
- New color modes: 64 colors, 8 colors, 8 GreyScale, 4 GreyScale, 2 B&W
- The JavaViewer also supports the new color modes
- The WinVNC embedded HTML container for the JavaViewer now displays
a warning saying that the Java VM must be installed on the Web Browser machine
in order to get the JavaViewer working.
- Various small bugs fixes:
- Forced X-cursor encoding sent to viewers: fixed
- Bad minor version number sent causing Chat not supported (Server->Viewer): fixed
- Command line ignored-options bug: fixed
- NT4 Crash: fixed
- DSM plugin mechanism: new Reset function added and bug fixed
(note that versions of MSRC4 Plugins > 1.1.4 must now be used with RC20)
- System resources and small memory leaks: fixed
- Some registry settings bugs: fixed
- New "modern" dialog boxes look (XP)
- Slighlty redesigned and tweaked dialog boxes both in Vncviewer and WinVNC
so they are more readable and look better.
- MSLogon II: lot of new features and bug fixes (see whatsnew.txt for details)
- Optional Alpha-Blending capture mode
- Optional Alpha-Blending screen-blanking mode (see whatsnew.txt for details)
- Last Viewer settings are automatically saved in a "latest.vnc" file in current
users's "local settings" Win directory. So next time the user runs the viewer
these settings are automatically reloaded.
- New single-http-connect port support. A separate WinVNC1P.exe is available
and necessary to get this functionnality. This new fonctionnality will be
included in the regular Ultra WinVNC as soon as possible.
- New Single-Click UltraVNC server. The Setup can be customized and generated
online on the uvnc web site. Please see the Forum and Website for details.
Viewer remember last used options
Properties and port fix
Java viewer recompiled old java 1.3 (VM MS compatible)
Documentation added for MSlgon/Repeater/nat2nat
MSlogon I changes
logging.dll: needed, does event and file logging
authadmin.dll: if present, give localadmin access
workgrpnt4.dll: Workgroup and NT4 domain checking
ldapauth.dll:Active directory W2K up
ldapauth9x.dll:Active Directory 9X
ldapauthnt4.dll:Active Directory NT4
Only the logging.dll is needed, If other dll's do not exist,
that specific check is skipped.
If you remove authadmin --> Local admin has no access
If you have active directory,workgrpnt4 is not needed
Viewer use the selected language
To manual change the language of the viewer, copy the correcponding
xxx.dll from the /lang directory as lang.dll in the viewer directory
** v1.0.0 - RC 19 (v1 Release Candidate 19)
- Semi "Fast User switching support
For each user session you switch to, a seperate winvnc server is started on the next port.
User session A on 5900, after user switch, viewer get black.
User session B on 5901 gets active, after switching back to session A,
first user session viewer get back active
Shutdown, vnc stops as last service. Needs to be tested,
because vnc is not stopped at all, service breaks when network become unavailable.
- Bug fixes
Screensaver and lock screen caused server hung running as application, fixed
logon blocks, and screensaver resolution changes are better handled.
Plugin had a realy bad network behaviour, fast small updates like in
"Starfield screensaver preview" could crash your network ....
Manual update after logon/screensaver fixed
Fixed blank screen and XP SP2
Cancel button in vncviewer fixed (now it actually stop connection process)
- Video Hook Driver mode
Extra driver version check on startup 1.018/1.017/1.017 for driver files,
else driver is disabled
Extra driver check button in properties menu. Gives driver status
Network traffic is send in 8k blocks (avoid flooding on wireless)
Local mouse handling react faster on cursor change
- System shutdown
Viewer should now stay connected until you get the logoff screen
- WinVNC Properties handling
User settings (only poll settings, access for all users)
Admin settings (all other critical settings, access for administrators only)
In service mode, no user settings are used, excepted polling ones
Only the primary session can open the Admin properties "FUS"
- Multi-headed display (multi monitors support)
Without Video Driver: user can toggle between primary or secundary display
With Video Driver: switch toggle primary,secondary or both displays
Selection is done using the "Full Desktop" Toolbar Button (which is normally used
to toggle from Single Window to Desktop modes)
"Server cursor handle", not supported if secundary screen is left (with driver)
Tested on 2 card system
- Java Viewer
Now supports FileTransfer (same kind of GUI than in win32 Viewer, but simpler...
more functions will be added gradually (multiselection of files, directory transfer..)
-> the JavaViewer now needs to access the viewing machine harddrive, so the user is
prompted for an "UltraVNC" signed applet certificate acceptance.
Support MS Logon authentication method
Now supports Delta Transfer for files (-> also provides Resume Interrupted transfer)
Now transfers are asynchronous if wanted:
When FT GUI is visible -> no screen updates, max speed for the transfer of files
When FT GUI is minimized -> screen updates and file transfering at the same time
Added multiselection for files deletion
Added Rename File/Directory command
Fixed some bugs with Directory Transfer (names with "(" or ")")
Fixed huge files transfers and progress gauge corrupted display (> 2GB files)
Added progress percentage value display
A lot of code cleaning and sanity checks (both in Viewer and Server)
New Viewer FilTransfer is still backward compatible with previous Servers (<=RC18)
Directory Names are now surrounded with "[ " and " ]" in the GUI lists
Added a new MS-Logon authentication method (aka MS-Logon II).
Should work with Windows NT 4, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003.
(See mslogon.html for a detailed description)
- Ability to authenticate cross-domain, i.e. the user account
can be in another domain than the computer account.
- Stores access settings in an ACL:
Unlimited number of users/groups can be configured
Each user/group can have full access/viewonly
- New UI: Standard MS Security Editor
- MSLogonACL: Tool for exporting/importing ACL
- Only one (1) Windows logon attempt is performed.
* Fixed: Usernames with spaces fail to load with MSLogonACL tool
* Fixed: Extended ASCII characters (ä/ö/ü/ç) lead to authentication failure
* Fixed: Certain passwords (e.g. Abc0DefG) lead to authentication failure
** v1.0.0 - RC 18 (v1 Release Candidate 18 )
-Code analysing to optimize performance
-Driver bug fixed
-A lot of speed optimizations
** v1.0.0 - RC 17 (v1 Release Candidate 17)
-Driver consist of 2 parts, the actual mirror driver and a memory manager service.
-Final driver version
-Fix cpu ghost issue on quiting viewer
-Fix connecing failed if screensaver+lock screen was running
-Fix listening and multiple viewers no longer quit when one viewer is stopped
** v1.0.0 - RC 16 (v1 Release Candidate 16)
- Driver handling was changed again.
- It's stable and high speed is back.
- Scrolling bug fixed, driver was giving invers delta
- Driver screen moves and standard screen Moves detection
can not be used together. Both where cumulated--> delta x2
Scrolling is handled by the driver, screen moves by the old method
- Fixed sendmessage queuing problem.
** v1.0.0 - RC 15 (v1 Release Candidate 15)
- Tryout to make it stable again.
- V15 is stable, but terribly slow when driver used
** v1.0.0 - RC 14 (v1 Release Candidate 14)
- Memory leaks, resources leaks, array bounding, bug fixes, desktop thread fixes
- ms logon: Correction for global groups in local group detection + a lot of
others changes to take the max. use cases into account...
- FileTransfer is now forbidden when Viewers are forced to be "ViewOnly"
- FileTransfer bug fix (possible infinite loop during copy loop)
- Properties dialog tweaked
- Removed the "Home page" and "Online help" shortcuts in the WinVNC traymenu
(that were launching some IExplorer processes) until we find a better solution.
- MS groups can be customized via options
- Hookdll is loaded dynamic , dll does not longer need to exist to start winvnc
- Server Inputs/Screen-blanking bugfix
- Proxy support (via the "VNC repeater" external program)
- FileTransfer: selection bar now takes full list's window width
- Several Listening viewers can now be run on the same machine using
different ports numbers.
- Pressing ALT or CTRL send ALT/CTRL directly to the VNCServer, as if the
user selected "CTRL DOWN/CTRL UP/ALT DOWN/ALT UP" from the system menu.
When turning the SCROLL-LOCK on, the following things happen:
Pressing ALT+TAB DOES NOT switch applications on the client side.
Instead, ALT+TAB is sent to the VNCServer.
Pressing CTRL+ESC DOES NOT open the start menu on the client side.
Instead, CTRL+ESC is sent to the VNCServer.
Pressing ALT+SPACE DOES NOT open the system menu on the client side.
Instead, ALT+SPACE is sent to the VNCServer.
Pressing Break/Pause key toggles Full-Screen mode on or off.
Pressing PRINT-Screen key requests a full screen update (same as
selecting "Request Screen Refresh" from the system menu)
All the above can be disabled by turning the SCROLL-LOCK key off.
(written by Assaf Gordon (Assaf@mazleg.com))
** v1.0.0 - RC 13 : never saw the light of day. 'wonder why... ;)
** v1.0.0 - RC 12 (v1 Release Candidate 12)
- DSM Plugin bug fixes (loopback mode, plugin changes, loading, config...).
- Strings moved to resource file (server) + french translation
- Added back auto hook switching (only active the first 50
updates, to prevent switching while connected)
- Added -autoreconnect command line option and functionnality
- Prevented Chat to send messages during transfer of a file
- FileTransfer now handles Directory Transfer (using zip32.dll & unzip32.dll)
- Ultra Encoder bug fix
- New Video Hook driver
- Local cursor support for Driver and Hookdll
- Video Driver now uses events to notify the server for changes, no more timer
- Auto full scan on idle time
- Added several locks for memory protection while driver
is disabled/enabled (resolution/logon)
- Too many little updates (driver). If more than 50 rects, combine regions.
- FileTransfer now handles Directory Transfer (using zip32.dll & unzip32.dll)
- Chat window can be minimized (allowing screen updates) and restored
- FileTransfer Window can be minimized (allowing screen updates) and restored,
excepted during a transfer
- Toolbar Buttons changed... (thanks to http://www.phoenity.com/)
- Added back dotcursor as default in all quick options modes, excepted Ultra & Lan
- Added listening Port number to VNCviewer Taskbar icon tooltip, in listen mode
- Added some resync code... Server and viewer sometimes were going out
of sync. This code tries to find new updates in network data and resync the viewer.
- A listening viewer using a DSMPlugin can now handle several connections with
different servers without connection drops.
**v1.0.0 - RC 11c (v1 Release Candidate 11)
-auth dll changed (NT4 missing function,)
-added winvnc -multi (disable single instance check)
- File times now displayed in local time in FileTransfer
- DSM bugs fixed:
- DSM+ZRLE now WORKS :)
- Fixed various crashes due to insufficent DSM working buffer size
with 1200+ screen resolutions
- Fixed DSM+UltraEncoding crash (I now desativate Queuing when DSM is enabled).
** v1.0.0 - RC 11b (v1 Release Candidate 11)
-messages.dll (nt event ) was missing
-new XP style buttons
-ldap was only added to the testauth util....:)
made it also active in winvnc
-A viewer crash bug fixed
-About etc...still have RC11 to little changes for new release number
** v1.0.0 - RC 11 (v1 Release Candidate 11)
- 8bit Colors regression fixed
- Server PB fixed: WinVNC stalled when changing server screen resolution during
- Various bug fixes with Ultra encoding and mouse cursor updates.
- Cosmetic fixes in viewer and server (multi-languages strings display,
dialog boxes, bitmaps, flashlogo...)
- Auto Mode On/Off switching pb fixed (after a manuel options settings the
Auto Mode was no more available)
- Added the /nohotkeys command line switch in vncviewer (saved in .vnc files
like all the others vncviewer options)
- Modifs and bug fixes in french vncviewer
- Fixed Status display bug in Status Window when DSMPlugin is used
- MS logon now supports:worksgroups,NT4 domain,AD mixed and native domains
workgroup,NT4 Domain: group checking (Netapi), password checking
(SPPI, and logonuser for XP)
Open guest access is checked and MS logon is refused on systems where
guest account=1 AND force guest=1
AD mixed and native: Group and password are checked using the ADSI SDK (LDAP)
- added ConnectPriority=3: refuse multiple viewer connections
- Added even more memory controle functions
- users without HKLM access can run vnc as application
- added vnc loggons to system event logging (NT)
- UltraEncoder isolated from other. This encoder is experimental and
uses a faster viewer screen update mechanism.
When switching (manual) from or to this encoder some black rect can appear.
Does not support caching and local cursor shapes.
This encoder is no longer part of the auto mechanism.
** RC 1.10 (v1 Release Candidate 10)
- Added secure memcopy/memcmp to prevent server crash
- NT4 video driver does not exist..so put it always false
- NewSWsize could cause problems, needed to be send from client thread
enablecache could cause delete cache to give memory error, fixed
some extra logging
- Moved restart driver to vncDesktopThread check part.
Driver is not restarted middle of an update
- Disabled detect slow encoder (the auto switch between hookdll and driver
does not work 100%)
- DisableTrayIcon reg value added
- ms-logon passwd length fix
- ms-logon is moved to machine reg settings , no user setting
- ms-logon is moved to 2 seperated dlls.
groups and nested groups (AD) should work know
- ms-logon added testutil
- Added home page and online help menu items
- String vncviewe moved to table to be easy translated
- Added viewer flash window
- New superfast Ultra Encoder using real time compression/latency reduction
and the faster viewer screen updates
** RC 1.09 (v1 Release Candidate 09)
- NT4 8bit crash fix
- 24bit driver mode crash fix
- "Unlock server" crash detect and fixed
- 2003 driver support added to server and drivers
- Added new about box
- Auto Check "Cache Encoding" when XORZlib encoding
is clicked in options dialog.
- Fixed ".vnc" saving bug with some params
- Quick Options handling code cleanup
- Added Test if Options Dialog is open while
terminating the viewer (->prevent a crash)
- CTRL-ESC, Alt, CTRL, CTRL-ALT-DEL are now
forbidden in ViewOnly mode
- Viewer menu simplified and completed
- Added Accelerator Keys (Hot Keys). They are
displayed in the viewer's menu.
(All are CTRL+ALT+Fxx keys)
- Added AutoScaling : now the viewer window can be
auto scaled/stretched so the server's screen is
entirely visible (no scrollbars). The option is
available along Quick options.
- Viewer Scaling factors is now percentage in the
Options window. More clear for users.
- Hopefully fixed the screen refresh locking after a
FileTransfer occasionnal bug.
- Simplified Viewer TitleBar display (removed "VNC
Viewer". Was useless and now we can directly see
the hostname in the task bar).
- Added hostname in the FileTransfer window Title bar.
- Hopefully fixed the scaling crash that occurs in
all others VNC distributions due to the StretchBlt()
function + hardware acceleration.
Visual quality remains equivalent when scaled.
- Added a 30s delay between 2 encoding changes when
using Auto mode. It should prevent some problems
over slow connections...
- Added ".vnc" load button in the "Connection" Dialog
** RC 1.08 (v1 Release Candidate 08)
- The last major memory leak has been fixed in WinVNC
- WinVNC occasionnal crash under NT4 during initial screen loading has been fixed
- The CTRL,ALT,SHIFT keys locking bug has hopefully been fixed
- The Viewer's authentication window has been renamed "VNC Authentication" instead
of " Ultr@VNC Authentication" : now Ult@VNC Viewer is compatible again with
the VNC-Quickdesk password transmission method...
- Some additionnal tests have been added to prevent possible crashes:
- "ms-logon + no domain + WinVNC under win 9.x" case
- OS Version is better checked when Video Driver is required by user
- Fixed the scaling factors corruption problem when using "AUTO" quickoption in
- The DSM Plugins know their loader : vncviewer or WinVNC (application
or service). It should be now more easy for plugins writters to save their plugins
configuration at the good location in the registry, for instance.
TestPlugin example source code has been updated consequently.
** RC 1.07 (v1 Release Candidate 07)
- TextChat GUI improvements (colors, buttons),
- Textchat scrolling under Win9x & Me fixed
- Viewer refresh after Texchat fixed
- TextChat & FileTransfer windows can be redisplayed on the foreground
when masked in Fullscreen mode by clicking on their corresponding buttons.
- FileTransfer GUI double-click bug fixed
- UltraVNC icon slightly changed
- Toolbar tooltips now appear faster
- Viewer "notoolbar" command line option replaces the stupid "showtoolbar"
- WinVNC "connect" option fixed (works with host, host:display and host::port)
- Fixed "quickoption" command line option bug in vncviewer
- Added "Log Infos" and "Allow Loopback" options in WinVNC Property page.
- UltraVNC is now compatible with PalmVNC2.0 even at the server screen
- Fixed Viewer crash when aborting connection
- Remove Wallpaper after disconnection bug fixed
- NTML mechanism now checks Local and Remote for Group and Password.
- Fixed a bug with changes detection in WINVNC under W2K/WP: when the
"Video Hook Driver" option was checked and the Video Driver was not
actually available (not installed for instance...) then the default
"System HookDll" was not loaded (even if the option was checked).
The result was missing screen updates, especially with checkboxes,
low accuracy and low speed. The workaround was to uncheck the
"Video Hook Driver" option.
- DSMplugin action now starts BEFORE the RFB protocole handshaking
(-> 1.07 Viewer/Server DSM compatibility with 1.06 is broken
but existing Plugins remain compatible with v1.07)
- Info messages are now displayed when connection fails with DSMPlugin
(Plugins incompatibility, missing etc...)
- DSMPlugin now supports ms_logon method
- Slightly modified TestPlugin sample
- Added "dsmplugin" command line option in vncviewer
- Video Driver handling:
- Auto switching to default system hooking when 24bit color depth is used
on server (the driver not used in this case)
- 8bit color palette support
- WinVNC keeps the attached-to-desktop bit to 1 until VNC unloads the
driver -> No more crashes when an application changes the display
(ex: pinball). No more risk that color depth or screen resolution
switching crash the server.
- New Video Hook driver v1.0.7 (+ New separate Video Drivers Auto-Setup)